The Center for the Study and Preservation of the Majority Text (CSPMT) has been formed with the following goals:
- Offering Christian scholars and researchers a non-profit organization where Byzantine New Testament manuscripts may be studied and preserved for future generations.
- To increase public awareness for the need to preserve all extant New Testament manuscripts.
- Providing interested scholars a website where all major printed editions of the Majority/Traditional text as well as other supplementary resource materials may be found.
- To include an online image gallery where sample images of various manuscripts of the Byzantine Text of the New Testament may be viewed.
- Online collations and scholarly textual resources for increasing awareness of the Byzantine New Testament manuscript tradition.
- Giving individuals, churches and interested parties a tax-free organization in which to donate in order to support and further the study of New Testament manuscripts.
- Providing an international Christian scholarly organization which holds to the Holy, inspired Word of God being preserved within the majority of manuscripts and Traditional text editions of the New Testament.